Thursday 7 January 2010

This is getting BORING

However it is quite pretty. On the way back from the school today (I'll gloss over the tantrums from the three-year-old) we noticed that the surface of the snow in places has these wonderful ice crystals. One of my favourite books is The Snowflake by Kenneth Libbrecht and Patricia Rasmussen so I try to pay attention, as much as is possible when out with two kids, to the snow and ice, but I've never noticed crystals as big as these before. These photos were taken with my little Kodak compact (cracking wee camera) not the DSLR so I'm very chuffed with how they've turned out!

That's the Boy waiting patiently. He was rewarded with hot chocolate with marshmallows when we got home.

I've added the Snowfall Widget for a laugh - I'll get rid of it again when the snow melts!

No comments:

Free Hit Counter