Thursday 14 January 2010


It snowed again in the night, and in fact all day up until about ten to three. The snow had begun to look a bit drab - slightly thawed and squashed-looking somehow. But another layer of snow, however thin (because it was light snow for all that it snowed for so long), made it look fresh and lovely again. Very overcast though so the photos don't do justice to it. They're in the wrong order really - the one above was on the way back from getting the Boy from school, by which time the snow had stopped. The one below was from when Miss Mouse and I were on the way up to get him.

I just looked out of the window though and it's definitely looking like it's thawing now, and about time too. It's been four full weeks of snow, which is unusual for here - and I've had enough of white. I'll regret saying this no doubt when it's drizzling and grey. But it's the variety of our climate that I like.

No comments:

Free Hit Counter