Thursday 23 July 2009

The bison in the basin


Should the title be troubling you, I refer you to The Bedtime Bear by Ian Whybrow and Axel Scheffler, a favourite of the Boy's.

Anyway today we went to the Highland Wildlife Park and had a brilliant time. The rain shower on the mountains in today's picture only hit us for a minute or two and the rest of the day was great. There was much debate over favourite animals - for me it was the wildcats, for my Beloved it was the pine martens, for Miss Mouse it was the snow monkeys. The Boy had a number of favourites - pretty much everything that everybody else said, plus the Amur tigers. Can't fault his taste there, the tigers were fascinating, especially as we saw them at feeding time. Of course feeding time is when everybody goes to see them so my photos didn't come out very well - too crowded to get a decent shot - how dare other people want to see what I do? :-D

No comments:

Free Hit Counter