Thursday 29 July 2010

Adventure Day 2: the day was just packed..

In the morning we headed off to a small ruined castle which the kids had a great time exploring. I love this picture - I couldn't see a thing, the flash did it all! But for once the Boy is not self-conscious in a photo and it's so definitively him.


Miss Mouse had a tremendous time splashing around at the pebbly beach next to the castle. She's so obviously my daughter when it comes to messing around in the sea! The Boy was content to stay dry and collect treasures on the beach.

And isn't this (below) just the picture of summer? Well, a Scottish summer, note the fleece!

In the afternoon it had brightened up and we went to Benmore Botanic Garden which was just brilliant. We only saw a fraction of it due to the kids getting tired but what we saw was exquisite.

I took loads of photographs but have had to whittle it down to these two for this blog (though I might put a few on my other blog). The one above gives an idea of the contrast between the formal design and a wild setting, and the one below shows how much the kids loved having the space to run wild!

No comments:

Free Hit Counter