Saturday 1 August 2009

Murderous Zombie Plants and Single-Malt Knitting Needles

This was the day on which we went to a really great (despite the showers) barbecue at the Als' house and caught up with old friends from the CompSci days. So naturally I managed to leave my little camera there and have only these pictures I took with the 'good' camera this morning.

First, I suddenly noticed that one of the lilies had flowered! I'm not turning my back on it, it's up to something, you mark my words.


Second, taking a leaf out of Mum's book, I decanted my many loose knitting needles into a whisky cylinder. We finally finished the Bowmore a week or two ago - it was a bottle Hopalong bought for me in duty-free when he was working in the Netherlands many moons ago. It lasted for years because I drink so infrequently and for a long time Mr Borg was teetotal. He isn't now. He finished it. I think I shall drink his Speyside.

No comments:

Free Hit Counter